Tuesday 12 May 2015

Tribalism Crashed My First Marriage – Mercy Aigbe


Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe – Gentry, in a recent interview with Punch, opened up on why her first marriage failed – And acording to the Yoruba actress, mother in-law drama was part of it – She said:
While speaking to Punch in an interview, the ‘Osas’ actress disclosed that she was young, naïve and most importantly had an issue coping with her ex-mother in-law.

“I had a bad experience the first time, so I had some reservations and I just wanted to face my career, even though I loved him. I decided to put my trust in God and just go with the flow. I was happy and scared at the same time. Then, I was young and naive. Now, I handle issues differently. Also, the major reason my first marriage failed was because my ex-husband’s mum did not want him to marry from another tribe.”
And on snatching someone’s husband, she said:
“I do not think I have had any controversies since I got married. They were just misconceptions. People thought I married a married man and I was a second wife. What they did not know or care to know was that he was already a divorcee when we met.”
This tribe thing is so annoying – Why can’t parents just allow their children marry anyone they like and not use tribe to put asunder???



No comments:

Post a Comment

Abby and Brittany Hensel outing

 Abby and Brittany Hensel, conjoined twins, make their first public appearance after marrying army veteran Josh Bowling – showcasing their w...